Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day 2008 - Morning

I slept really well last night, so my confidence is high for today's vote. I repeat, Confidence is High!

This has been a very long election. It all started for me in June 2006 when I bet Ken a dollar that neither McCain or Hillary would be the next Prez.

I had no idea that I would become emotionally involved with this election. Even Dan Rather said that 2008 is the most important and exciting election he's seen and he started covering elections in 1952 when I was just barely born.

I've made a lot of predictions about this election, so we'll see in about 6 hours if I've been right. My newest predictions is that at least one state back east will have such overwhelming turnout and/or problems that they will have to delay the polls closing.

My final prediction is 364 Obama to 174 McCain.

I had a couple of other thoughts lately about Gov. Sarah Palin, but now they seem trivial. I did like that McCain's boys are calling her a "whack job", a "diva", an "unscripted robot" or a "scripted ignoramus". She's just a Mavericky Rogue. Let Sarah be Sarah in 2012! Like she said: "What do I have to lose?"

I used the excellent internet tools that the Obama campaign had and personally raised over $1000 for the campaign and I made phone calls to undecided voters in New Mexico. I sent out a lot of information to my co-workers at Wind River about the debates and how to register. I inspired someone to vote early and last weekend he drove to Reno NV and knocked on 100 doors canvasing in a latino neighborhood and found that a lot of the undecided people just didn't know where their polling place was and how to vote because it was their first time.

I feel really good about the contribution I played and I'm very hopeful for the future. That's all for now.

No comments: