Thursday, December 21, 2006

Random Stuff to wind down 2006

I'm doing a cull without mercy clean up of my office which hasn't been done since I put in the furniture, so it was due.

I found an envelope with another bunch of collected quotes and new articles from various sources and some that I created, so I'm just going to share them.

The Hormel company, manufacturers of Spam, celebrated the 50th anniversary of the luncheon meat by designating the town's July 4th celebrations as "Spam Days". Among the festivities were a "Spam-o-rama" cookoff and a "Salute to Spam" air show. A bitter strike against Hormel ended in September and not everyone has made up.

"Hormel has co-opted the Fourth of July holiday and turned it into a glorifcation of pig meat in a can," said Jim Guyette, former leader of the union. T-shirts reading "Scab City, USA" and "Cram the Spam" were seen alongside company-issue Spamwear.

One of my all time favorite TV shows - "You're travelling through another dimension. A dimension, not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wonderous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Next stop - the Twilight Zone!" - Rod Serling

Laissez les bon temps rouler! - pronounced: "Lay-say lay bon tom rule-ay!"

San Francisco Chronicle - Friday, December 6, 1991
Hayward Tom responded to our call for infomation on various football handicapping systems. He said he uses the Visi-Calc program for an Apple II PC to enter weekly data and compute his picks. At the 11 week mark, he was humming along nicely at 64.8%, he said.

Tom added: "Good luck and I'm glad to see that Larry Stumes is over 50%. I used to use the "Stumes Factor" to pick my games. If he picked the opposite way than I did, I was sure to win.

Tom was referring to back to an infamous off-year that Chronicle racing handicapper Stumes had when he was doing the football predicting.

  1. If you don't let anybody in, no one can hurt you.
  2. The more complex the mind, the greater the need for simplicity of play - Capt. Kirk
  3. 25 G's is a lot of cabbage. Where are we going to glom onto it? Pony up the dough
  4. Special words from 2001 - Nabonga, Sock the Weasel, Uncle Gruesome, Nothing but trouble, Side Effects and Wake the Banshee
  5. Pardon my side effects
  6. A bad Psychic is better than a good Astrologer
  7. A little kid & his mom are heading into a grocery store and he says: "No basket for me" and she points and says: "BASKET!!" and he starts crying and gets into the basket. (true story)
  8. Turning negative thoughts into positive actions
  9. There's more spin control around Dan Quayle than Minnesota Fats ever needed
  10. Question to TLC in 1990 - Have you always been this way? TLC: "The older I get, the funnier I get."
  11. Tickle my fancy and I'll follow you anywhere
  12. Crossfire 17-Aug-88 - Senator Alan Simpson: "You're looking for something that isn't there. You're looking into George Bush's head."
  13. Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
  14. A riddle from a Sherlock Holmes movie - Sherlock Holmes Faces Death (1943) - Who's was it? His who is gone. Who shall have it? He who shall come. What shall be the month? The last from the first.
  15. Character name for some future story - Martin Stumbles, Esq.
  16. Chinese/Russian Detective - Won Wong Steppe
  17. Those people want me, but they can't touch me because the old man love my ass
  18. An old alias - Joe Cose. Jocose \jo-kos\ adj 1: given to jokes and jesting 2: characterized by joking

1 comment:

BetaCygni said...

A White Girl Rules The Jungle...Her strength Of Power was NABONGA!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0037115/

Netflix action!