Monday, April 03, 2006

Taking the Jeopardy Test

Below is my Jeopardy test report. it’s a preliminary test to choose people for the in person tryout. There were 50 questions and you only had 15 seconds to type in the correct answer – it didn’t have to be in the form of a question – the only way I could figure out to know how many I got correct was to make a video of myself saying the question and answer.

I don't know how many you have to get correct before they ask you to come to an in person tryout. It was really hard and very quick. I think I got 26 correct out of 50.

I missed some easy ones:

Little Shop of Horrors and Kenneth Starr. I also spelled J.K. Rowling's name wrong. I put J.K. Rawlings - so I probably won't get that one.

As far as the ones I didn't get, I suppose I should have know that Kierkergaard was Danish and that the 4th commonwealth is Kentucky and that the "offal" novel of 1906 was "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair (I knew what it was about, but..) I still don't know the answer the Jasper Johns painting question and if I had my bro, LWC, he would have helped with knowing that Tessie was in Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery".

I couldn't remember that Luther was messing with the Pope in 1520 and that it's Santiago Chile that is the other capital south of the Rio Plata and not Montevideo. I goofed up on the statue that was found on the island of Melos in 1820 - it was Aphrodite (with the no arms) and not Athena.

I didn't know that Amylase is an enzyme or that Rutherford B. Hayes' wife was named Lucy and that Shakespeare's works were Comedies, Tragedies & "Histories". I got Beethoven mixed up with Shubert in Unfinished Symphonies in B Minor, mainly because I know nothing about them and I'll never forget in the future that when Shiva destroys, Vishnu is right behind him presevering.

And Russian novelists like Chekov with his Three Sisters is always going baffle me.

I took a video of me taking the test. it took around 11 minutes. here's the link if you want to watch it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/Carbubble/video/97449

No comments: